Free InformationCLICK HEREOR CALL 1-877-4HANGER
The new Pediatric WalkAide Cuff provides the ideal rehabilitation tool for children with foot drop.
The Pediatric WalkAide System is an advanced Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) System for the treatment of Foot Drop in children often caused by:
Recent studies have shown that the use of Functional Electrical
System (FES) offers benefits including:
* With active muscle contraction
** With reciprocal inhibition of antagonistAs an alternative to traditional bracing, the Pediatric WalkAide engages existing nerve pathways and muscles and the patented tilt sensor technology stimulates the nerve to lift the foot at the right time during walking, promoting a more natural, efficient and safe walking pattern. WalkAide gives kids the freedom to walk with or without footwear, up and down stairs and even sidestep.Active recruitment of muscles results in the reduction of atrophy and walking fatigue – a common side effect of bracing. The non-invasive, single-unit system is worn below-knee and is lightweight. Designed for active kids, it is simple to don, fully operable with one hand and the disposable liners make it easy to care for and clean.
The Pediatric WalkAide system features several key advantages not found in other FES systems, including:• Pediatric Cuff: Designed to fit small children.
• Personalized Solution: Adaptive program & modular components through growth and maturity.
• Self-Contained System: Single unit system with no extra pieces, ideal for playful kids.
• Single Battery Operation: Operates up to 30 days on one AA battery, with no need for nightly recharges.
• Patented Accelerometer: Promotes natural, efficient, and safe multidirectional walking.
• Freedom in Footwear Option: Allows kids to have more freedom in footwear or no shoes at all.
The active muscle contraction produced with the Pediatric WalkAide System result in a more efficient, controlled, and balanced walking pattern. Free from bulky AFO’s, the Pediatric WalkAide System can give kids the confidence to engage in social activities they once avoided.“Immediately, within just those few months after getting the WalkAide, you could see the improvement in her posture. She was a bit more upright; she was able to pick up her feet when she was walking.”
– Mother of Amber Konkol, 15 year-old with Cerebral Palsy, Bilateral WalkAide user and triathlon competitorView Amber’s Story Here Try WalkAide at home for two weeks! WalkAccess: Start Today!