That’s why, as part of the BEME Program
, Hanger developed the Intelligent Orthotics™ (iO™) compliance monitor. This device captures and stores data that helps you adjust treatment recommendations as patients’ spinal curvature changes over time.
HOW IT WORKS
- The discreet iO™ monitor is seamlessly fabricated into the scoliosis brace.
- Physicians set wear-time targets, and download device data during each visit.
- Reports are generated on how many hours per day the brace is worn and if wear-time targets are met.
- Using this information, wearing schedules can be adjusted appropriately.
- Readings are taken every 32 minutes, and the device can store up to six months of data.
- iO™ monitors utilize the same thermal technology used in the Thermobrace study1, which showed a real compliance rate of 91.7%.
(1) Donzelli et al, In defense of Adolescents. Scoliosis, July 2012.