Decide To Rise!
If you are a Bilateral Above-Knee Amputee, you can't miss out on the 2018 BAKA Bootcamp. No matter what your mobility level is, you will leave this weekend inspired to RISE to the very best of your abilities. You will be challenged and encouraged by your fellow amputees as well as an exceptional Hanger Clinic team, led by Kevin Carroll.
Save the Date: April 19-21, 2018
(Opening Reception at the Hotel on Wednesday, April 18, 6-8 pm; Event starts at 8 am on April 19 and ending at 2 pm on April 21)
Residence Inn by Marriott
Oklahoma City North/Quail Springs
13900 McAuley Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK 73134
Make your hotel reservation no later than March 28, at the discounted rate of $59 per night. Call 405-286-1020 to speak to Eric, the hotel sales manager, and make your reservation. Book early to secure a wheelchair accessible room.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Transportation will be provided from the airport to the hotel via taxi service. Once you register, you will receive more information.
Activities and Topics include:
- Men and Women's Support Groups
- New technologies and specialized activity prosthetics
- Psychological and physical health
- Adaptive Yoga
- Skincare products and tips
- Gait Training
- Desensitizing the residual limbs, phantom pain management
- Navigating ramps, stairs, curbs, uneven terrain
- And a Thursday night PARTY with a Louisiana Style Crawfish Boil
Each year the boot camp grows, lifelong friends are made, and lives are changed – what better way to jumpstart your year! Empower another person's success by sharing this event with your networks and friends.