The ComfortFlex® Prosthetic Socket Puts Your Comfort First
The revolutionary, patented ComfortFlex® socket system from Hanger Clinic accommodates the bone, muscle, vascular, tendon and nerve structures of each person’s residual limb to provide a comfortable, secure fit for your artificial leg.
"I went through several prostheses that were uncomfortable. Then I found Hanger Clinic. The more comfortable socket fit me perfectly and improved my walking."
Is ComfortFlex Right for You?
Thousands of ComfortFlex wearers have been empowered to re-enter the work force and engage in recreational activities, such as biking, running and golfing.
The flexible brim allows for comfortable containment of the soft tissue and bones for maximum control and suspension to effectively fit individuals with above knee, hip disarticulation and hemipelvectomy amputations. Below the knee designs are also available.
Features: Unrivaled Comfort and Mobility
"The socket is the most important part of any prosthetic limb, if the socket doesn't match the residual limb’s anatomy exactly, problems can occur. With the ComfortFlex socket system, channels are introduced to accommodate muscle growth, vascular areas and bones," says Kevin Carroll, CP, vice-president of prosthetics for Hanger Clinic and ComfortFlex co-developer.
The anatomically contoured, scientifically proven ComfortFlex socket system promotes:
- Comfort – Intimate fit thanks to soft, conforming materials in contact with the skin.
- Flexibility – Pliable inner socket surrounded by a structural frame with windows, enabling residual limb muscles to flex when walking, standing and sitting.
- Limb health – Total surface bearing socket promotes venous return and even weight distribution.
- Stability and control – Individual contours and precise shaping conform to the unique shape of each residual limb to limit socket rotation. Built-in reliefs accommodate pressure points.
- Individualized accurate fit – Custom-made from cast impression or proprietary Insignia® scan using computer aided design (CAD).
NEW ComfortFlex Adapt: Prosthetic Socket Design Innovation
ComfortFlex was developed by a team of highly skilled Hanger Clinic prosthetists who combined their clinical experience, knowledge of anatomy, and computerized gait analysis to completely rethink and improve socket design.
This innovation continues with the new ComfortFlex® Adapt self-adjustable socket system, which empowers you to control your own socket fit as volume and activities change during the day. ComfortFlex Adapt incorporates the simple, proven, easy-to-use Boa® Closure System so you can manage volume with a click and twist of a dial instead of adding or removing socks.
This adjustable socket improves fit and function, creating the optimal environment for long-term limb health while enabling you to be more independent. It is available for most amputation levels, including Symes, below-knee, knee disarticulation, above-knee, hip disarticulation and hemipelvectomy.
Available Today from Hanger Clinic
Connect to comfort today by calling 1-877-4HANGER to find the closest Hanger Clinic location specializing in the ComfortFlex® Prosthetic Socket System.